Friday, November 19, 2010

Life in HD

I got my first pair of real glasses the other day. They are not really that strong. I don't have to use them all the time, mostly when driving or looking at things more than 10 feet away. Yesterday, when I wore them outside for the first time the world looked as if it was filmed in HD. The branches on the trees in the distance didn't blend together, everything was just clearer. The change was not huge but it was noticeable and very pleasant; it made me think about a metaphor they actually represent to me.

I am still spending a lot of time thinking about Christianity, and I enjoy my new partner in crime, Tom. I have been, and I still am, whining about having MD (and if I ever stopped complaining, I would no longer be me). I hate MD, but the other night, I caught myself saying a little prayer to God. A prayer, that none the less showed me, that God is no longer just a figment of my imagination, he is real. I understand, that I don't deserve anything from him, and I have no right to expect that he gives me what I ask for. But in my prayer, which just came to me, I asked him to please help me deal gracefully with the hand he dealt me, since it appears I am stuck with it. The prayer was sincere, and not planned at all. When I have tried to pray in the past, I have always fallen asleep or ended up daydreaming. This prayer was different. In a few moments, it upgraded my relationship with God to HD, much like my new glasses upgraded nature. A subtle but very pleasant change!


Have a great weekend!

P


Contact email keepinghopejourney@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment