Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sushi and Memories

Dear Mike,

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this blog entry. Today the world lost an amazing guy, a wife lost her husband, and a little boy lost his father.

When I initially started this blog, I wrote about you, how you were fighting brain cancer. I wrote about the inspiration you offered to me, and to the world. Yow were so open about your fight and your determination to dance at, Cole's, wedding. Mike, you will not be dancing at Cole's wedding, well, at least we will not see you dance but I am, however, convinced that wherever you are going, you will be dancing with tears of joy in your eyes. I know you will be proud of him, Kim will take good care of him.

You and Kim, were our first friends when we moved to Naples in 2002, the first time we met, we went out for pizza in North Naples, I had ham and shrimp on my pizza, I remember it clearly because ham and shrimp pizzas were not abundant in Omaha at the time. After our initial pizza date we went on many more dates. There is one date I remember particularly well, Kim was pregnant with Cole, so it must have been about seven years ago. We went to a little family run sushi place somewhere in the northern part of Bonita Springs. I am not sure if we got there late, or if we just stayed for a very long time, but all of a sudden all the people working in the restaurant got out a karaoke machine and started singing karaoke in Japanese. They encouraged us to sing along, but since our Japanese was kind of rusty, we were content with listening, we had a great time. It was probably one of those moments, where people should have been there to really get the humor, it was definitely more entertaining than enjoyable.

Mike, you did something I really struggle with, you walked the walk. What I mean is that life really threw some curve balls at you, but they just bounced off of you and you kept on fighting. I am sure you and Kim had some really tough moments, and I don't think you will ever be prepared for someone as young as you to pass away. But none the less, I am sure you did it with dignity and love as you did everything else in life.

Mike, you were the perfect picture oflife, you hungered for it, and your entrepreneurial spirit made you get out there day after day working to create the best life possible for Kim and Cole. Kim and Cole were always number one in your life, very rarely do you see such dedication and love, it just radiated from all of you.

Mike, as you know, I am new to this whole God thing, but I will be praying for Kim, Cole, and the rest of your family, well for the whole world. I cry because of the loss I personally feel, Mike, you were instrumental in me starting my blog, and letting people know about my MD, I will be forever grateful to you for that!

Psalm 119:28 (NASV) is the closest I can come to telling you how I feel " My soul weeps because of grief; Strengthen me according to Your word."

Mike, the world has lost an amazing person, but Heaven has gained a new resident. Please wait for us, watch over us, and welcome us when we see you again, I am always game for sushi and ham and shrimp pizza.

God Bless you all!

P

Contact email keepinghopejourney@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment