Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Twice in two days...

Finally finally finally.... This morning I got a call from my neurologist's office, he is now convinced that my heart beats, and that my liver and kidneys work the way they should. I can pick up my prescription any time today! I will probably not begin the experiment until Saturday morning. Albuterol supposedly has the same effect as a shot of espresso, so I want to know how I react to it before having to drive etc. I will, however, keep you posted, I have been known to change my mind in the past!

Those of you, who read my post from Yesterday, may have gathered that I have a certain passion for MD research. I have decided to do something this year I have never done before. I have created a website through the MDA, raising money for the MDA. It is in connection with the Laborday Telethon. I do NOT want anyone to feel obligated to contribute, we all have enough to spend our money on, but any donation would be greatly appreciated. The website has the following address https://www.joinmda.org/MyEvent/MyHomepage/tabid/171892/Participant/tom_pernille/Default.aspx There is also a link under Websites of Interest.

It has been a while since I have written anything about my spiritual search. I have not given up, far from it, nor have I forgotten about it. I am currently reading a book by a pastor called Tim Keller. He leads a large congregation in New York. He, just like Sproul, has a way with words, that makes you understand, and wish for more. When I was reading before going to sleep last night, I felt a tug at my heart for the first time. I did not have a moment of transformation or anything like that, but I had a feeling that if, Jesus really is the son of God (or actually God), and he died on the cross for our sins, he really is a pretty cool guy. I understood that if there is a God, we are now dealing with a God, who not only knows about our sufferings, he has suffered with us, and paid the ultimate price so we don't have to. Pretty neat eh?

Peace

P



Contact email keepinghopejourney@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment