Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cool Aid

I went back to the cardiologist Yesterday and had the thingy magingy taken off. It is called a 24hr Holter Monitor by the way. I also had my echo done, so now all I have to do is...wait. I'm getting used to that! I should know in about a week if the albuterol experiment is a go from the cardiologist as well. One of the frustrating things about having MD is that there is nothing you or anyone else can do to make it go away. All you ever do is wait. The albuterol will not cure me, it may make no difference for me at all, but as long as there is a chance, however little it may be, to increase my quality of life, there is hope that someone will find a cure before it is to late. My neurologist is very hopeful and optimistic that there will be a cure or treatment sooner rather than later. He believes it will not be to late for me when it gets here.

I decided to skip a few chapters in Sproul, I will go back and read them later, but I felt that I needed something a little more dynamic, something I could relate to. Sproul is very clear that he is a Reformed Christian, and that to him all these are the only truths. I am by no means saying that they are not, I am not even close to being in a position to do that, I am just careful not to drink to much of the Cool Aid right up front. I found a chapter named "The Church", it made a lot of sense to me, and cleared up some issues, but I am not yet ready to clearly express what the chapter said to me. I will do that once I get all my ducks in a row!

Peace!

P

Contact email keepinghopejourney@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment