Friday, July 2, 2010

Spouses

Yesterday Mike's Wife told me that she is not reading his blog because she is already living it. I once again had to stop and think, I seem to be doing that a lot right now. Yeah, this is not just about me, as much as I would like it to, it is also about Tom. For those of you who know Tom, you will know that I have the most supportive, loving, and handsome husband in the world. I have done my best to push him away because I love him, and I don't think he deserves to live this life with me. Someone else could give him a much better life, but he doesn't want someone else he wants me. I guess when he said "I do" almost 11 years ago he meant it. I am a lucky girl!

If you have no interest in my "quest" for the truth about Christianity, I suggest that you stop reading now, a novel is following!

I am still waiting for the Albuterol, I am trying not to waste my time while waiting, so last night I dedicated to some research. I am reading a book called Essential Truths of the Christian Faith by R.C. Sproul. It is in reality probably written for people who do not need convincing to the same degree as I do. Despite the fact that "truth" is written in layman's terms, I have to read them several times before they begin to sink in. I have come to a few conclusions, both by the aid of the book, the Bible, and a very kind and patient person who lets me ask all my stupid and naive questions, and who actually manages to put the answers into terms my little brain is somewhat able to take in, oh and you too Tom, you are smart and patient as well!.

I have determined that if there is a God, he is really not as warm and fuzzy as we would like to think! He put every single one of us here on Earth for a purpose, and if your purpose is to be a jack ass then you are just out of luck. I get it, by showing interest in God I am one of the lucky ones, God put the little spark in there, I am not a jack ass. But can anyone tell me how entire nations can be created as defective humans? It is obviously not a coincidence. Are all of these people doomed, or can the little seed God planted in me, be present even if they don't know it is there? I know a lot of wonderful people who do not believe in God. It seems like an awful waste of resources and energy to me if they are all sent straight to Hell without even being given a chance. Does this mean that Hell is really just a "garbage can"?

Another thing that puzzled me, was that when Sproul spoke about creation, he got into this long explanation about how something cannot be created from nothing. Since there is something (us life etc) something out there must have been uncreated, simply because something exists. This uncreated being would have to be a supreme being because all the rest of everything comes from something. It actually took more than three read throughs for me to even begin to fathom what he was saying, and I am still not sure I do. He may just be spinning me around in circles until I agree with him, or beg him to stop.

His suggestion at the end of his truth about creation was to read Genesis 1, so I did. So far I have read it in Tom's blue Bible, his red Bible, and on Biblegateway.com in the New American Standard Bible. Genesis 1, appears to me to have a lot of parallels to the version we are taught in science. How life started in the oceans and developed from there. Genesis was written way before my science book. Science shows us that this happened over millions of years, so how could God do it in seven days? C.S. Lewis said that for God there is no time, so we have no way of knowing if a day for God is the same as a day for us. I would venture to say no!. Whether this convinced of the "truth" behind "intelligent design" or if I am still going to root for the Big Bang, i don't know. I know there is some food for thought!

If any of you have read on long enough to read this entire novel I am not only impressed, I am also honored.

I have created a gmail address for you to use if any of you feel that you want to discuss any of my "blog" in private rather than as comments, or if you want to answer any of my questions. The email address is keepinghopejourney@gmail.com.

Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July.

P

2 comments:

  1. P- very insightful thinking and amazing research. I have often been amazed at how parallel science is next to the Genesis. Coincidence ? I don't believe it is! Have you watched that dvd I sent you by Loui Giglio? May answer some additional questions for you- or at least give you more food for thought !

    I believe and love our Lord more than anything . And even though I have numerous examples of personal proof of His existence I still don't have ALL the answers and I don't think you will ever discover them either. It is not how God designed it. At some point faith comes into play where you simple choose to believe, despite the "holes". The true miracle is what happens in spending time and developing a relationship . God is amazing, and what is taught in genesis is further proof of God's exsistance- at least for me.

    Did I really even say anything here was was it random babble . Yup, random thoughts. But point being I LOVED to hear your thoughts.... Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff, no I am embarrassed to admit that I have not watched the DVD yet, I will have to do that this weekend. P

    ReplyDelete