Monday, July 12, 2010

Trinity

All right, I had my cardiologist appointment this afternoon. I guess it went pretty well, the Dr was actually the first Dr I have spoken to, who was not surprised about the theory about Albuterol, and he seemed to think that the experiment would be a no brainer. He did, however, order an EKG, Echo, and a thingy magingy I have to wear for the next 24 hours. It will measure my heart rate, check if I miss beats and a bunch of other stuff. So I am once again playing the waiting game....After the appointment today I got really tired, I think I "might've could've over did it" a little around the house this weekend simply because I was anxious about the appointment. I want to do this Albuterol experiment more than you can probably imagine.


Other than manically cleaning, and putting Tom to work over the weekend, I also did some more reading in Sproul. It is taking me a long time to get through the book, but I have to read each Truth at least twice. I spent quite a while on the Trinity. I have always had a hard time understanding why Christians claim that they only have one God, when to me there appear to be three. Distinguishing between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to me indicated some kind of hierarchy, I mean, the father is usually above the son right? and the Holy Spirit just plain confused me. What is the Holy Spirit?, I gave up on that one, it was just either to complex or to abstract for me to understand, or maybe no one ever thought to break down the Trinity and explain it to me. Jesus is God, he is not "just" the Son of God, but he is God. However, in order for God to be able to get the work done he needed done to save humanity, he had to be both God and man. Jesus' body was like the rest of our bodies, he had physical needs, and he had things he physically needed to do, but he was also God, which made him "slightly" different. What happened to Jesus on Earth was preplanned by God. Until now I thought that Jesus was an innocent victim, and that he had no say in what happened to him. He was his Father's pawn in saving the human race. I was obviously wrong, Jesus knew what was going to happen, because he was the one who planned it. In order for us to be saved, and to believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, things could not have been done differently. I can probably accept that as an explanation, it is plausible. Jesus is now working both as a judge and advocate for us.

Now we get to the fun part, the Holy Spirit. I am constantly noticing how I am not always as perceptive as I should be. We are talking about the Holy SPIRIT, how on earth could I run around and think that the Holy Spirit would be something as tangible as Jesus? I think the Holy Spirit is kind of like Miracle Grow. God is the one planting the seed in us, he may even poke a little at us every now and then, we might pick up books about Christianity, and start asking people questions. However, unless the Holy Spirit feeds the seed, and lights up our hearts, we will never "feel" scripture the way we are supposed to. It will be impossible to be a Christian without it, as you must be a Christian both in your mind and in your heart.

I suppose you can consider the Trinity a unique and well oiled machine?. Each part has its own very important duties and tasks, but when you blend them together you get perfection which is what we call God??!.

I am going to leave Sproul alone for tonight, and just kick back and watch some TV, preferably something that does not require any brain power. Sproul is an excellent writer, and he makes everything seem logical, he makes it make sense, he makes it true, he makes me want it. I am also sure there are theologians in other religions or denominations with the same talents. Right now I am making a statement without any proof at all, but I would venture to say that each and every one of them will claim to have evidence proving that they are telling the truth. My job in this search for religion, truth, or faith or whatever you choose to call it, may just have taken on a new dimension. In addition to trying to understand what I am reading, and being told, I also have to determine when I am being manipulated. For a naive Hobbit like me, that is easier said than done.

Stay Safe where ever you are.

P

Contact email keepinghopejourney@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. The trinity is a hard concept to grasp for any christian. (Trinity, I LOVE that name. Better add it to my list).

    For what it is worth... here are my thoughts. :) You know I always have to get that in. haha

    Yes, Jesus was human, as you say, but the difference is not "slight." He was human WITHOUT sin. That is the difference--and that is HUGE!

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your description of the Holy Spirit. Right on sista.

    One last thought: I don't think anyone is trying to "manipulate" you. I also don't think this "religion, truth, faith thing" is simply fact base. Yes that helps. But, for me, the biggest evidence is my emotional connection with the Lord...
    How I pray for peace, and I feel more peaceful.
    How I ask for guidance, and He puts what I need in my path. (the only hard lesson learned here is- it isn't EVER on my time).
    Every prayer ever prayed has been answered. (even if it isn't how I wanted it to look- there is always something gained I wouldn't be willing to give up for "my way.")
    when I pray for forgivenss, I can feel my sin's fall away.
    I could go on and on, but will stop here. :)

    To me, this is far more proof of Christ's existance than any "fact" could ever be...

    Good luck on your continued journey. Proud of you for diving right in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, this is the third time I am trying to answer you ;-) The computer does not like me tonight. Thanks for pointing out my use of the word manipulating, it was probably a little to strong of an expression. I think what I was trying to say is that every denomination has its definition of the Bible and of how to worship etc, and every time I ask a question I will get an answer based on their interpretation. My job, since I am searching, is to make sure that the interpretations I make, are as unbiased as possible.

    Thanks for your description of your emotional connection with God, I don't have that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.... I understand what you are saying by the different worship styles. However, for me, it isn't the worship styles that is important. It is the relationship with the God of the Universe . I look at religion as different "levels " (for lack of another word .. I DON'T mean that one is better than the other ... But I think you know what I mean.) of worship . It is important to Pray and ask the Lord what "this" means and how you should apply it to your life. They say the scripture is still "alive" today. That is because everyone can interpret it differently based on there life experience and what the lord is trying to tell you personally.

    Am I getting too wordy? (that is a dumb question). :)

    Oh.... And PS- if you want the emotional connection with our Lord start with prayer. Ask the Lord for it. He desires a relationship with you but one of His greatest gifts is Free Will. He will never force you, but it is there for the taking. ...... If you want it!

    Ok.... There is my two cents.... Again. I just can't stop doing that can I?

    ReplyDelete